This is one question I am sick of answering about eXp Realty. So let’s address it once again.
Let’s take a look at a traditional brokerage company structure.
- At the top, you have the Broker Owners
- Under them, you have the International Investors/Owners (invest in a country like Canada or Mexico)
- Under them, you have the Regional Broker Owners (owners in a specific state/providence)
- Under them, you have the Broker Owner (franchise owner in a specific city)
- Under them, you have the Real Estate Agents
If we analyze this and look at their structure, this is exactly a pyramid scheme. Only people at the top benefit, NOT the agents.
In 2021, eXp Realty gave over $121 million back to their agents. If this was a traditional brokerage, the agents would have got nothing. This would have gone to the broker-owners only. In a traditional brokerage, in my opinion, the agent gets screwed. At eXp Realty, we are built differently, all of the money went back to our agents.
Let’s take a look at eXp Realty’s company’s structure.
- At the top, you have the Brokerage Ownership
- Under that, you have the Real Estate Agents
eXp Realty is built more like a brick and a traditional brokerage is built more like a pyramid scheme. Yes, we do have seven level deep compensation system that we can take part in with our revenue share model. If we attract an agent, we are compensated ONLY when that agent PRODUCES, NOT for recruiting them.
So compare both brokerage models and see which one looks more like a pyramid scheme.
To learn more about eXp Realty’s brokerage model and if it is right for you, click here to schedule a private 1-on-1 call with me.